Sebastian Weber has developed software for assessing the current metabolic potential of an athlete and predictions for performance in a race or endurance in a team sport. It is based on over 40 years of science into how energy metabolism is controlled at the cellular level.
The software is called INSCYD.
Seastian will demonstrate this software in a series of workshops during late July and early August of 2017
- SAN FRANCISCO - JULY 28
- SEATTLE - JULY 29
- SAN FRANCISCO - JULY 30
- LOS ANGELES - JULY 31
- SAN DIEGO - AUG 1
- BOULDER - AUG 3
- BOULDER - AUG 4
- COLORADO SPRINGS - AUG 5
In simple words, do an appropriate test and the software will tell the coach how well an athlete will do at that moment in time in a sport event.
- More importantly, the software will tell the coach what has to be improved for the performance to improve.
And how to train the athlete to improve it.
- For example, the software will measure 10 different aspects of an athlete's conditioning. These are
- aerobic capacity or VO2 max was named as the single most wanted performance metric in various sports
- anaerobic capacity defined as glycolytic capacity (VLamax) a low VLamax increases the anaerobic threshold and fat combustion, and shortens recovery from hard efforts. On the other, a high VLamax increases the power available for attacks, sprints and short efforts
- anaerobic threshold is the maximum lactate threshold
- %VO2 max
- lactate oxidation
- fat free mass
- body muscle
- The following graphic is an example of the information a coach will receive with the software.
- The ideas of Sebastian Weber are discussed in detail on our lactate and cycling page
Sebastian developed this software based on the ideas of Alois Mader. This software is currently being used with swimming and cycling federations in Europe and is now available for any coach.
Click here to go to INSCYD to learn more about the software